Hebron USA will host six mission teams in Chiapas during the spring and summer of 2016 from churches across the country. All teams will fly into the airport in Tuxtla Gutierrez, the capital of Chiapas and then travel to their destination. The teams will be met on the ground by Hebron President and in-country summer trip coordinator Randy Duvall. The teams will be working with Pastor Pablo Feliciano and his wife Jan, long-time missionaries with the Presbyterian Church and servants to the Tzeltal people of Chiapas.
There are two types of trips planned for the summer of 2016: Medical and construction. The medical teams will be working alongside Dr. Gerado Cruz Gomez, the medical director of Clinica Tzeltal Manos de Cristo providing care to the Tzeltal people in and around Ocosingo, Chiapas. The construction teams will be assisting the members of the local Presbyterian churches with construction projects approved by the local church, the Tzeltal Synod and Hebron USA.
Costs for 2016 are $500 plus airfare.
- March 6-12 Christian Educator’s Exploratory Trip: A small group of Christian educators from several churches will visit Chiapas to learn how the US church can support the Tzeltal church’s effort to provide Sunday school and youth education
- March 12-19 Eastern Virginia Medical School and First Presbyterian Church of Virginia Beach will take a team of medical school residents, physicians and lay people to work at Clinic Tzeltal Manos de Cristo in Ocosingo.
- May 21 – 28 Second Presbyterian Church of Bloomington, IL will bring a medical team to work at Clinica Tzeltal Manos de Cristo in Ocosingo.
- June 25-July 3 Salem Presbytery will bring a team of youth and adults from several churches in the central NC to work with a church in a village in Chiapas.
- July 9-17 John McMillian Presbyterian Church of Pittsburgh, PA will bring a team of adults to work with a church in a village in Chiapas.
- July 23-31 First Presbyterian Church of Virginia Beach, VA will bring a team of youth and adults to works with a church in a village in Chiapas.
There may be openings available to join one of the trips listed. To learn more contact John Mills at (336) 817-6990.
Leave a Reply